1. YOUR AGREEMENT WITH US:
When you sign Page 1 and 2 you accept the terms and conditions set out in this rental agreement (Agreement) and hire confirmation which consists of Pages 1 to 4. Please read this Agreement carefully. If there is anything you do not understand, please ask any member of staff.
We and you are the only parties to this Agreement and you are responsible for complying with all the terms of this Agreement even though another person (such as an insurance company) may have arranged the rental, negotiated certain terms or may pay for all or some of the rental bill.
We assure you that our vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for renting at the start of the rental period.
This Agreement is the entire Agreement between you and us concerning the rental of the Vehicle and cannot be altered unless agreed to in writing and signed on behalf of you and us.
2. RENTAL PERIOD:
We agree that you may have the Vehicle until the return date on Page 1. We may agree to extend this rental orally or in writing but the rental period may never be more than three months. Subject to the following conditions, you can choose to return the Vehicle before the agreed return date on Page 1 and thereby terminate this Agreement early (and the rental period shall be reduced accordingly). If you have agreed to a longer term rental to qualify for a reduced weekly rate you will be obliged to pay our standard weekly charges (as well as any other termination of agreement charges referred to in this agreement) for the days or parts thereof during which you rented the vehicle. Therefore before choosing to return the Vehicle early in this way, you must first contact us to identify the revised charges payable. If you do not wish to pay such charges, you shall have no right to vary or terminate the Agreement as described in this Paragraph unless separately agreed by us.
3. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
a) You must look after the Vehicle and the keys. You must always lock the Vehicle, secure all of it's parts and ensure the steering lock is on when not in use.
b) You must use a chain lock to secure the vehicle when not in use.
c) You must not let anyone work on the Vehicle without our permission. If we give you permission, we will only give you a refund if you have a receipt for the work
d) You must inspect the Vehicle prior to taking possession of it.
e) You must stop using the Vehicle and contact us as soon as you become aware of a fault with the Vehicle.
f) You must check and replace oil routinely and you acknowledge that you will be liable for damage caused as a result of not carrying out these checks.
g) You must notify us immediately and in full, of any change in circumstances since the start date shown on page 1. This includes any motoring endorsements / offences / convictions or criminal convictions and banking details.
You must make the Vehicle available for collection by the date shown on page 1 unless otherwise agreed. One of our staff must see the Vehicle to check that it is in good condition. If we have agreed that you may return the Vehicle outside business hours or if you choose to leave the Vehicle with a third party you will remain responsible for the Vehicle it's security and it's condition until it is re-inspected by a member of our staff.
You must check that you have not left any personal belongings in the Vehicle before you bring back the Vehicle.
By signing the statement of liability on Page 2, you acknowledge that you will be liable as the owner, driver or operator of the Vehicle for any offence, penalty, charge or fine which is committed, issued or incurred in respect of any parking, bus lane, congestion charge or traffic offence or contravention in any jurisdiction where the Vehicle is driven until it is returned, unless caused through our own fault.
4. USE OF THE VEHICLE:
The Vehicle must not be used:
a) by anyone other than you or any Additional Driver named on page 1;
b) by anyone without a full valid driving licence for the class or use of vehicle rented;
c) for hire or reward;
d) for any illegal purpose;
e) for racing, pacemaking, testing the Vehicle’s reliability and speed or teaching someone to drive;
f) while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
g) outside of the United Kingdom ;
h) to propel or tow any other vehicle or trailer;
i) other than on a paved public highway, private road or driveway;
j) to transport dangerous or noxious substances;
k) in a reckless or negligent manner;
l) in or on that part of any aerodrome, airfield, airport or military installation
provided for the takeoff, landing, movement or parking of aircraft and aerial devices, including any associated service roads, refueling areas, ground equipment parking areas, aprons, maintenance areas and hangars.
a) You agree to provide payment Card that will be used to automatically and without seeking prior permission from the card holder for processing payments.
b) For all rental terms shown as “/week” or “/month” on Page 1:
• If Page 1 indicates “/week” a week is 7 consecutive days beginning at the start time of the rental.
• If Page 1 indicates “/month” a month is 28 consecutive days beginning at the start time of the rental.
c) You agree to pay us the following charges:
• The time charges for the rental period and any extension of the rental period at the daily rate shown on page 1 (or if no rate is provided on page 1, at the standard prevailing daily rate).
• Charges for any optional services or products which you chose to accept.
d) Additional Obligations - You shall pay to us on demand:
• All fines and court costs for parking, bus lane, congestion charge, traffic or other offences assessed against the Vehicle, us, you, any Additional driver or any other driver you permitted to use the Vehicle until the Vehicle is returned unless caused by our own fault;
• A reasonable administration fee for processing any fines or offences against the Vehicle, you or us during the rental period, unless caused through our own fault.
• A reasonable administration fee for processing a failed payment, unless caused through our own fault:
• Our costs including reasonable legal fees incurred collecting payments due from you under this Agreement;
• A reasonable collection fee if the Vehicle is not returned to the agreed collection point indicated on Page 1;
• A reasonable termination fee when the hire of the vehicle is terminated prior to the agreed hire period shown on page 1, including a charge associated with the collection of the vehicle.
• A cleaning fee if you fail to return the Vehicle in a reasonable condition and such charge shall be the additional cost to us reasonably incurred as a result of such failure;
• Any recovery fees reasonably incurred by us where the damage to, or Vehicle fault, is the result of human error by you, any Additional Driver or any other person you permitted to use the Vehicle and is not covered by any manufacturer breakdown service;
• A refuelling service charge if you did not return the vehicle to us with the agreed amount
• A mileage charge at the prevailing rate for miles which exceed a pre-agreed weekly allowance.
• A reasonable administration fee and charge for the replacement of vehicle keys.
e) In the case of damage to, loss or theft of, the Vehicle or any part or accessory howsoever caused to the Vehicle unless caused through our own fault, you shall pay us on demand:
• Fair market value of the repair or replacement of the Vehicle, part or accessory (as applicable) or a repair value calculated by reference to our standard list for minor repairs,
• A non-waivable damage charge, at the prevailing rate, or for the full price of the vehicle and outstanding balance regardless of fault.
• Reasonable administration fees,
• Loss of revenue at the weekly rate shown on Page 1(or if no rate is provided on page 1, at the standard daily rate for the vehicle provided) based on our loss of income of the Vehicle, not to exceed 30 days, provided that this does not result in us being compensated twice for the same loss;
• A reasonable sum for diminishment of value as determined by an independent Motor Engineer,
• Any towing, storage and impound fees reasonably incurred by us as a result of the damage to, loss or theft of the Vehicle.
We shall have the sole right and responsibility to repair the Vehicle and shall, unless you have already settled our agreed repair costs, attempt to repair the Vehicle and process the insurance claim in a timely manner.
You will pay Value Added Tax and all other taxes (if any) payable on any of the charges listed in this Paragraph 5.
f) You are responsible for all charges, even if you have asked someone else to be responsible for them or we have billed any third party. You agree that we will compute and debit final charges from your credit and/or debit card if that is the form of deposit or security being used, as shown on Page 1. All charges are subject to final audit. We will use reasonable Endeavours to notify you before debiting from your credit and/or debit card charges which are Finalised or come to light after the end of the Agreement.
G) A £54 Delivery and Collection Charge shall be applied on any hire under a 4 week (28 day) Period.
6. RESPONSIBILITY TO THIRD PARTIES:
You agree to fully cooperate and assist us and our insurers in the investigation of any third party claim and agree that we or they will have the sole right to settle any claim as we or they may decide is necessary. You agree that any failure to report a claim as soon as reasonably possible, failure to cooperate or assist, any fraud or breach of the terms and conditions of our policy, or any breach of Paragraph 4 will invalidate the cover supplied under our motor fleet insurance policy.
If the insurance available to you, Additional Driver(s) or any other driver does not pay any third party the damages they are entitled to as a result of you, Additional Driver(s) or any other driver failing to comply with the terms and conditions of that policy, you will have to repay on demand all costs incurred by us or our insurers in settling and handling the claim. If you provide false information in relation to any third party claim, or if we or our insurers suspect fraud, we may notify fraud prevention agencies and databases, and you may be prosecuted.
7. WHAT TO DO IF THE VEHICLE IS IN AN ACCIDENT OR STOLEN OR LOST:
a. You must report the accident or theft or loss to us as soon as possible and confirm this in writing as soon as reasonably possible.
b. You or any driver must not admit responsibility to anyone in relation to the accident.
c. You and any driver should collect the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses, and give them to us.
d. You and any driver must promptly forward to us any notices or other documents relating to any legal proceedings arising out of the accident or theft or loss.
e. You agree to cooperate with us and our insurers including requests for full and true information and to provide assistance in any matters or legal proceedings including allowing proceedings to be brought by us in your name and defending any proceedings brought against you.
f. You must return the original keys to us and report the theft or loss to the police as soon as reasonably possible if the Vehicle is stolen or loss.
8. DATA PROTECTION:
a) You agree that we, our subsidiaries parent company and any subsidiary of our parent company whether in the EU or outside the EU may:
• store your personal data that relates to any incident arising from your dealings with us if we think that, as a result of such incident, you could be a risk for future rentals. We may refer to such data when you contact us to seek future rental services. For example, we will record data about your failure to pay, theft of or damage to a vehicle, abusive behaviour towards our staff, any relevant criminal offence committed or alleged or if you have driven under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Such data is stored separately from our general client database though the databases are linked. If we record any such data against your name and you later seek to rent another vehicle in the UK or elsewhere, a decision will be made by our authorised employees as to whether the rental may proceed
• process any personal data given by you or obtained for the purposes of keeping of accounts and records in connection with this Agreement and its performance and, unless you withdraw your agreement, our marketing generally;
• verify personal, driving and credit information provided by you and any Additional Authorised Driver through credit agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), the Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA), fraud prevention agencies/databases and other sources;
• provide your personal data to third parties to carry out customer satisfaction surveys on our behalf;
• provide details of any accidents in which you or any Additional Driver of the
• Vehicle are involved to relevant insurance databases
• You agree if you break the Agreement we can give such of your personal data as may be relevant to the DVLA, the DVA, debt collectors and any other relevant organisation. We can also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), which can share your personal information with its members to prevent crime and protect their assets, as allowed under the Data Protection Act 1998.
b) The Vehicle may be equipped with a tracking device and/or a telematics system. You acknowledge that such systems utilise mobile telephone, satellite and/or radio signals to transmit data and communication and therefore privacy cannot be guaranteed. You authorise us and our appointed providers to use and access location information and automatic crash notification concerning you for use in the operation of an automatic crash notification system and use of the Vehicle location system for legitimate reasons (such as to investigate a lost or stolen Vehicle or to co-operate with law enforcement authorities). You accept that a tracking device may alert us if the Vehicle enters any designated area (such as a port) so we are aware if the Vehicle may be transferred abroad, or for other security reasons. We are not obliged to use or ensure the proper operation of any tracking device or telematics system in the Vehicle.
9. ENDING THE AGREEMENT:
a) You may return the Vehicle and terminate this Agreement at any time during
the rental period in accordance with and subject to Paragraph 2 and 5.
b) We may end this Agreement immediately upon written notice to you if you commit any material breach of this Agreement. A "material breach" by you
includes any failure to comply with paragraphs 3,4 or 5.
c) Upon termination of this Agreement, if you fail promptly to return the Vehicle to
us, we may repossess it, and you shall be liable for the reasonable costs involved in repossessing it.
d) Termination of this Agreement shall not affect your or our rights and remedies
which exist at the termination date. Any parts of this Agreement which by implication continue after termination shall not be affected.
e) A deposit must be paid prior to a vehicle commencing hire. A deposit is not to be used to substitute outstanding rental or any form of associated rental charge/s.
Once a hire has completed and the vehicle has been returned to Igo-Wego's Premises, the associated deposit shall be held on account for a minimum of 14 days.
Once this period has passed, any associated rental charges will be calculated followed by any outstanding deposit balance being refunded back to the Issued card (5 to 10 working day transaction duration). This 14 day minimum period may be prolonged if you do not comply with point 3. or if the circumstances of the hire end fall in line with point 7.